Twenty-eight students and counselors visiting the Stamford Museum and Nature Center Thursday afternoon were stung by wasps and taken to a hospital, fire officials said.
The group visiting from the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit in Bridgeport was hiking on a nature trail when they unintentionally stirred up a wasps’ nest in the ground, according to the center.
The students were taken to Stamford Hospital in a bus, with one being taken in an ambulance. None of the children was seriously injured, said Capt. Malcolm Dean, of Stamford EMS.
“All of the children that were stung were taken to Stamford Hospital as a precaution,” the nature center said in a written statement. “We have sprayed the nest and killed the wasps. As a precaution, we have closed our green trail to the public temporarily so we can ensure the trail’s safety.”
Post Your Comment Below
Copyright © 2012, The Hartford Courant